Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Card and a Song from a Melody

THE CARD: Pray for me













I'm on a diet!








This card was given to me about 20 (really!) years ago from a friend. I hope she remembers it but I understand if she doesn't. After all, it was a long time ago.



So the story goes; I was complaining about needing to lose weight. I think at that time I probably needed to lose 20 lbs.........(gee, to be so lucky today!) sigh! The next day at work my friend brought this card to me. She'd seen it the night before at our local card shop and said she thought of me when she saw it.



I've never mailed it to anyone and have kept it in with other cards all these years! Every time I see this card I think of her and smile.





Today, I'm 'mailing' it out to all of you and asking for your prayers. I desperately need to lose weight! It's become unreal how much I've gained and I'm tired of it!








PRAY FOR ME............I don't want to call it a diet but I do want to call it LOSING FAT!!! :)





``````````



THE SONG

The precious friend who gave me the card has the voice of an angel and can sing! At one time, she was in a trio with women who sang at area churches and special functions. These women are no longer singing together but while they were, they recorded several tapes. I am fortunate to have these tapes to frequently listen to and enjoy.




Most of you have probably been like me and had songs which you considered, 'my song!' You know, songs which you could relate to when you were happy, or sad, or whatever. Now, I have to laugh when I think of some that I've 'thought' were 'MY SONG'. Case in point:





"Lonely, I'm Mr. L-nley"...............well first of all, I'm not a MR. and as the song goes, I' m NOT a soldier. Guess this one could not possibly be, my song!








"See the Funny Lit_tle Clown"..........no one knows he's (she's) crying on the inside, 'cause he (she) keeps laughing on the inside!


Yes, that was MY SONG for sure during a really hard time....probably one of the darkest times in my life when my sister in law and her 16 year old daughter were both fighting cancer!







Sad does not begin to describe how I felt!!! I would go to her house, one and one half hours away from my home, and literally feel as though I had stepped into a war zone! It was a war; they were both on chemo, both were very, very sick and fighting for their lives!







I was crying on the inside and really having a hard time laughing on the outside!!!!








But one day I was listening to that song.....I mean really listening to that song and I heard the second verse (duh, I think I knew the song by heart but.....?)which says something to the effect, 'this funny little clown, you never see him (her) around without HIS GIRL BESIDE HIM!!!!!!! HEY, that's NOT 'my song'!!!!!!!!!!!! That has nothing to do with ME!!! No girl beside him???????????







Well, chalk that off as NOT being 'my song!'







But I want to tell you what became 'my song' at that very sad time in my life!








In one of the many one and one half hour long trips I made back and forth to my sister in law's house, I started listening to one of the tapes my friend and her group had made. I can't begin to tell you what peace came over me when I heard, really heard, the words of one particular song









This is, was and always will be 'my song'!






"THERE IS PEACE IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9alAR4jU8






This is not my friends' version of the song but excellent just the same. Listen to the words; HE IS OUR ANCHOR, OUR ROCK to build our faith upon!
HE IS OUR PEACE!!







Let HIM be 'your song.'








God bless you Melody!








































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































4 comments:

valerie said...

Judy,
I so remember those very dark, sad times when you were helping your sister-in-law and niece. Talk about something difficult to understand!
To say you were a help and a blessing to them during all of that would be a huge understatement. I'm so thankful you've been able to be a special part of your niece's life after her mom passed away. Judy, you don't even realize all of the lives you have touched and continue to touch. You bless me all the time with your sincere generosity and your tremendous faith. You've been a great friend to me for years and we have some precious memories.
I love the song "Peace In The Midst Of The Storm" and it blessed me so much through the years as well. That was sweet of you to write about Melody. I don't think she ever reads the blog, but I'll definitely share this with her.
About the weight thing.....maybe together we can do something like y'all did at church years ago...the weigh down program or something similar. I need to lose at least 20. I'll be praying about that. I remember how neat that was for so many people.
Sorry for the novel....
Love you Judy!
Val
P.S. Our lessons today from our Bible study had Scripture from II Chronicles 20 "The battle is the Lord's" and the song just above the Youtube song you chose was titled "The Battle Is The Lord's."
I love when God does that! It is indeed HIS!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Mrs. Judy, I will pray for you and your diet. I pray that He would strengthen you to alter your lifestyle if you need to in order for your body to be the temple of the Holy Spirit that He would have it be. I pray that you would have the perseverance to make the commitment last.

Love in CHRIST,

katiegfromtennessee

Unknown said...

Good luck with the diet! We're all rooting for you, Judy.

By the way, have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? It's a great drink since it will help you lose weight while also giving you a nice boost of energy. This drink makes for a great pick me up since it's also zero calories and comes in a tasty Tropical Blast flavor. Check it out at www.stacker2.com

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post. I work with Stacker 2 so feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the drink. Take care. :)

Andy Gerrard
Brand Ambassador
andystacker2@gmail.com

MiMi said...

Judy,

I will join you in praying about your need to lose weight. I am in the same boat and have put some extra pounds on in recent months, as well. It's never easy to lose, but I will say that I have had great success with using the recipes in the South Beach Diet book. When I stick to that lifestyle of eating, I have great results. I have just gotten away from what I know that I have to do to "maintain". Maybe we can encourage each other!

I love the song that you posted and I love Shirley Ceasar's version of it. Thank you, Lord, that you DO give us peace in the midst of our storms!